Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is this a normal reaction to an eyebrow wax?

The whole day that I get it done the area that was waxed is bright red. It is so bad that after I get it done I put my head down and rush to my car and go straight home and hope no one comes over. The next morning when I wake up I have a lot of little white blisters. It takes nearly a week to go back to 100% normal. I have been to two different places and it has happened at both places.Is this a normal reaction to an eyebrow wax?
That happened to me before. It gets better the more that you get it done. Get some hydro-cortisone cream and right after you have it done, wash the area with cetaphil or some other gentle cleanser, then put the hydro-cortisone cream on. Try to avoid touching the area with your hands because they are filthy and they just ripped a layer of skin off your face so that area is new and can get easily irritated.Is this a normal reaction to an eyebrow wax?
Your face produces a lot of oils when it is ';damaged'; like that. Hence the little zits. The redness is normal if it only lasts a day. The zits are not the usual, but it's not abnormal. It's just the way your body reacts to the trauma. I used to get those so I switched to an eybrow shaver. They are very easy to use, quick, and don't leave you with the stubble that I thought they would. lol You do still have to make sure that you keep your skin moisturized.
sounds to me like they have put really hot wax on you and burnt you??? was it hot?? if not maybe your allergic to the wax. I do it myself, it's heaps cheaper and i know how hot i can stand it. When i don't wax for ages though , I go bright red and sometimes bleed,cause ive got sensitive skin i suppose...but mine looks like ive got pink eye shadow on for days...lol buy some wax and try iy yourself .. do a little at a time until you get used to it and get the shape u want, cheers!@
It is only supposed to be red for a day, are they putting a lotion on after they wax you? And also, do they put poweder on your waxing area before they wax you?
no when me and the women in my family get it done its only red a lil while afterwards but we have switched to threading because we think the waxing made our brows to thin
ya that happens with me too. It stays red and itchy for the whole day and when i wake up next morning my eye is full of white stuff lol it only takes 2 days to disappear for me though
I have the same reaction if I have a hot shower before I get waxed...So I shower the night before and get waxed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment