Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I make my own eyebrow wax at home?

I am tired of paying $10 for a little tube of eyebrow wax at the store so I would like to make my own at home. Does anyone have a recipe to share that uses common kitchen ingredients?How do I make my own eyebrow wax at home?
Ingredients





7oz of honey


7oz of sugar


Freshly sqeezed juice of 1/2 lemon





You will also need:





a pan and tablespoon, preferably wooden spoon and


cloth strips which you can make out of an old shirt (cotton) or simply buy them at the pharmacy store.





Preparation:





Start out by caramelazing sugar. Set the temperature on medium high.


Stir sugar until it starts bubbling.


The color you are looking for is gold, that will indicate the sugar is ready and melted.


Proceede by adding honey and lemon juice, stirring the whole time.


When the mix is melted, drop the mass on a clean cotton towel.


Knead the mass until it becomes golden yellow.


This is where it becomes tricky. This body wax mix tends to harden quicky and you need to do something to keep it solf so you can mold it and apply on the skin. Unless you don't mind, you could use some saliva. It has enzymes that will break the honey and sugar and keep it moist and soft. Another option, is to prepare a small bowl and fill it up with hot water. Don't use it too hot, you might burn yourself, only hot enough so that you can use it.How do I make my own eyebrow wax at home?
okay i did this and it didnt work. so try but it just hurts to rip off and no hsir comes off with it

Report Abuse



a pair of tweezers and an onion
a candle and a piece of cloth?

No comments:

Post a Comment