Saturday, January 23, 2010

I called 3 places about eyebrow waxing, this is what happened...?

So I called three places, because I was going to ask the price, how much experience they had, and if they used templates or not.


Place 1 couldnt figure out what I was talking about when I asked if they used templates, so I asked if they used forms, and she still couldnt figure it out! And she didnt know how much experience anyone had. the price was $12.


Place 2 sounded like an older lady, her price was $5 and she had about 25 years exp.


Place 3 was $10 and when I asked how much experience they had she asked what I meant. When I explained, she said 25yrs.


And the only place someone recommended, the person that recommended is said they use a template (and the price was $8.50) so, the $5 one sounds like my best bet, but cheapest is usually not so good. So what to I do?I called 3 places about eyebrow waxing, this is what happened...?
Go with the one for $5. Anyone who uses templates is questionable, because that seems like a skill you should easily master. Never heard of a template for eyebrows. I pay $5 to arch my eyebrows when I get my nails done. It shouldn't cost more than $5. The hot waz takes about 5 minutse. Go with the one with 25 years exp, she probably had a lot of different arches! Also go there to the $5 spot and while you are waiting ask some patrons how they do eyebrows.I called 3 places about eyebrow waxing, this is what happened...?
I've had professional waxes and never had anyone use a template nor do I use one when I do it myself. It's pretty much like tweezing your brows in that you put the wax where you want the hair removed. As long as you can explain how much brow you want removed they should be able to do it.
I would go to the old lady who seemed to know what you were talking about.5$


Check out HER eyebrows first.





Good Luck
I've always paid about $10 for my eyebrow waxing so that's not a bad price at all but I am also VERY cautious about who I let wax....I do not want to walk around with one eyebrow!!! Anyways I would go with whichever one gave you the best gut feeling. If nothing else go by the three salons and check them out. If everyone there seems like they're missing a few marbles then you may want to try somewhere else. It's really good to talk to people that get them waxed somewhere so you can kinda see an end result. Do you have a place you normally go to get your hair done? If they don't wax they might know who's good in your area.





Really hope this helps, I know how hard it is to trust waxers (especially on your face)...good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment