Saturday, January 23, 2010

Am I Being too Nervy and Rude to Do This? (Eyebrow Waxing Appointment)?

I've gotten my eyebrows waxed at this really skilled woman, and I've made an appointment yesterday (Friday) for another appointment. I found out that day from my mom that I had to go the doctor though, and I wanted to call and reschedule, but I didn't have the number of the place with me. I was at work, and didn't have any access to phone books or the internet. So would I be nervy and rude to ask her to squeeze me in today? She usually at least has a few spots a day. Or should I just go in with an apology and a fat tip? Serious answers, please!Am I Being too Nervy and Rude to Do This? (Eyebrow Waxing Appointment)?
Go with apology and fat tip. It's rude to be a no-show for an appt. And even more rude to ask for favors the next time you go in.Am I Being too Nervy and Rude to Do This? (Eyebrow Waxing Appointment)?
If you can, call information for the number. Though some employers have it blocked. If you can't call then go in person. Explain the situation and leave the rescheduling to her. That way you're not putting pressure on her by just showing up to have it done. She may be able to squeeze you in or she may have to reschedule you. But you'll never know till you ask. Good luck.
One of the things that I always try to remember is that you are the one paying her for her services. In other words, you are the customer. Just like in a department store that placed your clothing on hold for 24 hours and you happened to miss that appointment to pick them up, does that mean that you need to run into the store and beg for forgiveness with a large tip? The answer is no. These people work at these places and they know that not everyone follows through. Remember that you're probably not the only person that has missed an appointment. And also remember that you were scheduled for a doctor's appointment (without knowing) that was probably more vital than having your eyebrows done.





It will not be rude of you at all to call her, apologize for the missed appointment, and ask if she has room for you today. That is her job, and I'm sure she will be thrilled to have another interested and, from the looks of it, returning customer. There is no need for a large tip, unless you feel that it is absolutely necessary. A simple apology is all that you need.





Just keep in mind that no one is perfect and that it's okay to miss appointments, it's not polite, but it happens; and every time it happens you do not need to grovel and bring in large tips.
so I take it you skipped the appointment without calling? If that is the case then you were rude. But go in to the place IN PERSON and explain that you are so sorry you missed your appointment. Tell her that you had a doctor's appointment on the same day and hadnt realized it and tell her you need her business card because you didnt have her number. Just make sure she knows you are sorry and ask to reschedule whenever she has an opening and take a business card so you always have her number! Then give a good tip if she sees you again.
I would say the best way to handle it is to apologize, make another appointment, and give the fat tip. Asking her to squeeze you in when you already inconvenienced her might give her the impression that you don't think her job is all that important. If you really appreciate her skills, it would be best to make the appointment to show that you do respect her and would like to continue to have her wax your eyebrows. The tip will seal the deal and it should be all better.
You could have called information and gotten her number.





She had reserved time for you, and I take it that you were a no call/no show. Very rude. I wouldn't blame her if she told you she doesn't want you as a customer any more.





You should go in, with a fat tip. Really fat tip. And apologies. Yes, you can ask when is it convenient for her to fit you in. Do it on her schedule, not yours.
it wouldn't be rude at all. Just call and let her know something came up so you cant' come to your appt but would love it if she can fit you in today. if not just ask her to reschedule for a different day.
I never have a problem with calling and asking, you never know who cancels at the last minute for - a last minute situation, THINGS happen.





It never hurts to ask. . . all that can happen is she will have no other time available. . and you keep what you have.





It's really not a big deal, just a phone call. good luck
I would go in and apologize and explain what happened. Most people are very understanding when they are aware of the circumstances, because we have all been there!





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment