Friday, January 15, 2010

Easing the Pain of a Bad Eyebrow waxing?

I got my eyebrows done yesterday, and I realized this morning that she peeled off a layer of skin under both brows and a little on my nose (not sure how that one happened). Is there anything I can do to ease the pain? Will it scar?Easing the Pain of a Bad Eyebrow waxing?
Oh my, that was a bad wax. Usually the pain is gone within a couple of hours after the waxing. I'd smother Bag Balm on it if it happened to me. Bag Balm helps with skin problems. It helps with the pain and heals.Easing the Pain of a Bad Eyebrow waxing?
Aloe will help alot! Keep it moist; with aloe or neosporin. Try papertowels that are damp with cool water; place them over the spots for about 20 minutes; that will help with swelling as well. You can take ibuprofen as needed. It probably won't scar, but don't get your eyebrows waxed again until it is fully healed (about 6 weeks) or it can be damaged again and will scar.
This used to happen to me everytime i got my brows waxed: A strip of skin would be peeled off right under my brow, leaving this red strip of skin above my eye. I still have scarring from it happening more than once, but it's not too noticable. Next time you get your brows waxed, ask them to test the wax first, making sure it's not too hot. Neosporin helps.
BEST THING TO USE - Preperation H. It has a high level of Lidocaine which will numb the skin for hours, it has stuff in it to reduce any swelling/ inflamation and it usually has Aloe and/or Vitamin E to help nourish the newly exposed skin.






oh man, that must hurt :(


i would definitely use baby oil- it helps relieve some of the pain. you should also try an ointment or cream that is known to relieve pain.





hope i helped! :)
aloe vera with lidocaine. It is normally used for sunburn. works great for me!
  • lancome
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment