Thursday, January 14, 2010

I just had an eyebrow waxing last wednesday and there's a skin came off :(.How long it will be back to normal?

And is there any cream that will heal it faster. It really looks awkward, seems like I have to eyebrows...I just had an eyebrow waxing last wednesday and there's a skin came off :(.How long it will be back to normal?
I just had the same issue last week. It took about 3-4 days for it to completely heal. In the meantime, make sure to add plenty of moisturizer throughout the day, but especially at night. This will spead up the healing process. I would recommend any light moisturizer that you find at the store. Also, wash your face with nothing harsher than Dove (or something equal). The chemicals in some face washes, etc can actually hurt the skin more while it is healing.





The biggest thing is to make sure to find out WHY your skin peeled like that after a waxing. I take Retin-A and if I do not stop it several days before my waxing, I will peel. Make sure that the place that you are going too is treating that area very sensitively because it is a VERY sensitive area. They may be using a prosuct that is too hot or ripping off too much hair, etc. Be careful....all waxing places are not created equal. I go to an esthetician because I know that she will understand my skin and what it needs etc. Even then, I can peel!





I hope that this helps!





To answer your question...no, I had no scar at all. Consider it like peeling after a sunburn. It may be irritated and ugly for a few days, but it will always come back to normal after a few days. Some people have more sensitive skin than others and the Acne medication very well could make you more sensitive. Remember that most acne medications, oral and topical, warn you about going into the sun. Why do you think that is? It is because your skin becomes much more sensitive and that very well could be the problem. I woud see if your dermatologist has someone that they recommend for waxing, etc. They are trained to do procedures on people that have the same issues that you do and will be able to treat your skin much better to avoid this again!I just had an eyebrow waxing last wednesday and there's a skin came off :(.How long it will be back to normal?
Whoever waxed your eyebrows kept the wax on there way too long.


I would suggest keeping the scar clear with some peroxide as well as getting some over the counter antibiotic cream and keep it on there to avoid affection and allow it to heal soon. I would also let whoever did your eyebrows know that some of your skin was off.
Are you using any creams or taking any medicine for your face (like acne)? That can cause scarring, skin to come off, etc. when you wax.
DONT MESS WITH IT THE SKIN WILL COME BACK I A COUPLE OF DAYS OR SO
put some extra strength neosporin on it. i was taking accutane a few years a back and scabbed up really bad. put that on day and night and it healed up perfectly. i don't recall how long it took. not more than a few days I think. the differin for your acne would not have caused that. I have used it before and never had a problem. More likely cause was that that wax may have been too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment