Monday, January 18, 2010

Is waxing the top of your eyebrow common to achieve desired shape?

For 20 years I have only waxed/plucked under my brow but am now thinking I could achieve a better shape by modifying to tops at well. I have lopsided eyebrows and this would straighten them up. Can't believe it's taken me so long to realise. I was always under the assumption you don't touch the tops. My beauty teacher said so but I am starting to think it might be a commom practice?Is waxing the top of your eyebrow common to achieve desired shape?
If anything I concentrate more on the tops of mine than the bottom, I've never liked the whole high-arch thing one bit and this makes them look a lot more balancedIs waxing the top of your eyebrow common to achieve desired shape?
absolutely, it gives it a more defined shape, but please just do little bits at a time, just in case.





It feels lovely and clean afterward as well.





Alot of people come into our salon and if they have never had it done before, we explain the procedure, and if they choose not too then that is ok, as alot of people think that if you wax above the eyebrow that their lids become droopy, which is not true.





So you go for it girl, and I hope you like it.
I tend to leave the top of my brows alone. I've read that you can brush the hairs down and pluck out any errant hairs that aren't part of the natural curve of your brows, but generally it's a good idea to leave it alone. Having them professionally shaped from time to time can help you keep a clean, natural shape.
I have had my eyebrows done many many different places before I found my perfect match, and almost every time they did my top as well as my bottom. Even when I had them threaded they did the top. I also have different eyebrows. My left one sits a little lower then my right, so they typically take some off the top of the other. They also make my arches up through the top. Hope I helped!











Law
Yes, I do it as well. I recommend going to a spa or another place that has a lot of experience with eyebrow shaping so that you can get the initial shape that you want. After that it is easy to wax/tweeze the strays.
Waxing is the second most common hair removal option for eyebrows (tweezing is the most common). Be careful not to over wax them, you may end up with removing more hair then you wanted to and then it will take time to regrow.
OMG!! IF YOU WAX THE TOPS OF YOUR EYEBROWS ,IT WILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE ';DOWN IN THE DUMPS'; . IT WON'T BRING THE BEST OUT OF YOUR MAKE -UP EITHER. IT WILL ALSO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE FROWNING. AND NO WOMAN WANTS THAT. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
i have only had my eyebrows waxed once, it didn't really give them a real shape , just got rid of the stray hairs i totally prefer threading, it is fast and give a better shape then waxing plus it is really cheap.. try it
i wax the tops of people's brows when it would greatly enhance the shape. most people ask me to do the tops. the only time i won't is when it will ruin his/her natural shape or make them too thin.
It is a common practice. While I worked as a cosmetologist I always waxed/plucked the upper and lower brows. I do my own that way.
I have pretty 'munted' eyebrows too. It sucks because removing one wrong hair can make them look stupid but I get both top and bottom waxed and it helps them look better. Just be careful not to take too much off.
Extremely common. Keep in mind that over time you may not re-grow hair that has been tweezed. It's best to have someone professional shape your brows for you.
Yeah. When I get mine waxed, they sometimes do the top ones (closest to the ear).














I hope this helps!
yep thats what i do but dont wax them...pluck...if you pluck your eyebrows you are less likely to take your eyebrow off and look funny
yeah its common





The person at the salon that does my eyebrows does it





As long as you don't take off too much hair...just a thin line
well thats what i did..mine used to be lopsided as well :/ but this fixed them and i got a better arch...but you gotta be really careful
It's pretty common, but make sure you don't over do it.


I did that and now I have to deal with it =/
you have to do both but getting your eyebrows threaded gives a much better shape
yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment