Monday, January 18, 2010

What is eyebrow waxing like?

What exactly does the spa associate do to them?


My eyebrows aren't bushy or weirdly shaped, but there are quite a few stray hairs close to the actual browline that could be removed, though even if they aren't, it's not that noticeable. Is it worth waxing them? How much does it usually cost?What is eyebrow waxing like?
It costs about $15 to get them done at a nail salon. I'm not quite sure about spas.





The brow tech (lol, I have no idea what you'd actually call them) first will start by using scissors to cut your brows if they're bushy.





Next, they will use a swab to place hot wax around your brow where the waxing needs to be done. They only do one part of your eyebrow (either upper, lower, or side) at a time, and they will place a special type of paper towel like thing (shaped specifically for eyebrows) over the wax and pull. (Just in case this is confusing: they only place a bit of wax, so that the eyebrow is shaped accordingly.)





After they wax your eyebrows they will usually take tweezers to them to fix 'em up, and shape them further.





It's not too painful, and it lasts for about four weeks, if you maintenance them yourself with tweezers on occasion.What is eyebrow waxing like?
I always tweeze mine, several times a week. It's easy and cheap, and it's probably better because you know the shape you want. If it's just a few stray hairs then it would be easier just to tweeze them. Waxing is usually $15-$20 on average. It will probably last about 2 or 3 weeks before they become noticeable again. But you can have the same effect just by using tweezers.
waxing doesn't really hurt you just feel like warm stuff on your skin and then they put a piece of cloth like material and yank the skin off. Might hurt a little but you'll get used to it. It hurts more if your eyebrow hair is thicker. It's actually about 8 bucks a pop but i have my own wax warmer and stuff so i dont get it done proffesionally. If you have just a couple of strands then pluck them. Usually you get it waxed to get like a pretty eyebrow shape. Sometimes these ladies do miracles to make your eyebrows look amazing! lol
If you only have a few stray hairs i say get into some good lighting and just pluck those strays you have. If you dont want to do it yourself ask a friend. It is less painful than waxing and its FREE. I have to get mine waxed because they are thick if i dont. It's not terribly painful, but sometimes depending on ones skin it can cause break outs and redness where you were waxed. Count yourself lucky to only have a few strays and pluck em





Good Luck.
I'd recommend just tweezing them. I LOVE getting my eyebrows waxed ! :D Here in Canada it's usually bout $7-$10. $7 or $8 if you're lucky. They warm up some wax so that it's ready, then they apply it where they're gonna wax. They put strips over top then rip them off. Sounds painful but it's really not ! Lots of girls like getting their eyebrows waxed actually. Also, you can ask bout getting your eyebrows trimmed if they're long. They usually don't trim mine :s I don't usually don't think to ask to get that done... Anywayz, sounds like you should just tweeze. It costs $10. I've never gotten that done b/f tho.





There's another method called ';threading'; that you can try. My sis said that they ';thread'; them %26amp; that it hurts a lil... but I have no idea... I'd like to try it soon tho :)





If your skin is ';broken'; or if you have very sensitive skin when you go, they might not wanna do it... I've had a salon tell me that they didn't want to cuz of how my skin looked.. I get it done all the time, even when my skin is bad like that but I guess either they didn't wanna take a chance or they didn't believe me. If they woulda just put lotion on me I'm sure it woulda been ok! Your eyes stay red for a lil bit so I'd recommend not getting it done if you're getting pics taken, right b/f going on a date...Anywhere/any time that you don't want your eyes to be red... lol.
It depends spa's very in pricing I get mine done for 10.00 . It's a personal choice to if it bothers you try it , the technician at the spa usually asks you first how you want anything done . It hurts for some people but it's not that big a deal, takes like 3 second and its over .
All the spa does is shape and clean your eyebrows by putting wax in certain spots where there are stray hairs so they can be pulled out. It's really not that big of a deal it hurts at first but it's fast and you get used to it.





where i go its $6 lolz it shouldn't be that expensive over $15 and your getting gypted lolz
No, I wouldnt bother with waxing. If you only have a few stray hairs then I'd just go get a good pair of tweezers and pluck till your little hearts content :). Waxing is quick but painful, and costs about 15-30 bucks depending on the salon....Kind of a waste of money if your eye brows are pretty tame..
yeah, dont wax them. i hav sort of a noticable unibrow goin on, and im in middle school. i feel most ppl are staring at it when i talk to them so i simply shave it. but be very careful cuz 1. you may get cut, and 2. you may make an un-fixable-for-about-a-week mistake
it didn't hurt too much when i had it done. your eyes just water and get red. they apply this warm wax that tugs at your skin and then they just rip off the paper. but you should just pluck yours they don't sound that bad.
mine is only 3 dollars, its kinda painful, dont wear eye makeup , bc i did and the hot wax and like ripping kinda made my eyes sting and water, it stings xD like kinda painful.. not worth it in my opinion


tweezers work.. so wtv..
its quick and easy. it does hurt but only for about 3 seconds the ur done. you should do it...its worth it! good luck :]
i get mine for about $15, and i have the same thing but it does actually make a difference. when i first got them done it was weird but to me it's worth it.
costs about 10- 30 i believe. depends on the spa just call and ask. make sure you get someone good thou. ask around. it hurts like tweezers but is faster and they put this soothing lotion on it afterwards
Its quick and easy- hardly painful. I started getting my eyebrows waxed when i was just 11 years old. I loved it ever since- totally worth it! And it usually cost between 5 and 7 dollars.
quick stinging sensation. i highly recommend it over plucking your eyebrows one by one. you might experience a little swelling but its nothing a little cold compress or aloe couldn't fix. good luck.
its extremely painful. I have really sensitive skin and my eyebrows and skin were red for a week.
7 dollars plus tip(2$)


it hurts a little but it make me feel prettier
if it's a few stray hairs just pluck em
if you only have a couple of hairs, then why don't you just pluck them?
painful and they kind cost around $20-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment