Thursday, January 14, 2010

How do I prevent break outs with eyebrow waxing?

Whenever I go to get my eyebrows waxed I always break out with several pimples in between my brows. I've only just started getting waxed (This is the third time) and I don't know if my skin just has to get used to it, or if it's something I'm always going to suffer with.





Does this happen to anyone else and what can I do to prevent it?How do I prevent break outs with eyebrow waxing?
It sounds like you have very sensitive skin. Are you sure they are pimples? Sometimes when you get waxed your skin can be so traumatized that red bumps that look like pimples form, and then go away after 2 or 3 days. Usually this happens on the bikini line, but can happen elsewhere. Either the wax was too hot or too cold, the waxer was unnecessarily rough, or you're just super sensitive to the wax itself. Try taking an anti-inflammitory before you get waxed, going to a different waxer and putting a cool damp cloth over the area afterwards to soothe the skin.How do I prevent break outs with eyebrow waxing?
I get my brows waxed often and have this problem. The solution I have found is 1) dont let them apply the soothing lotion after the waxing, as this always irritates/ clogs my skin. 2) try different salons with different types of wax. I find that some waxes irritate my skin more than others (ie highly perfumed or oily waxes).
disinfect area and ask if you can numb the area with ice before hand, this seems to bring the swelling down a lot. I also put a tea bag in between my eyebrows after I have got them waxed and it seems to tone down the redness.
waxing will always have its side effects!





Don't wear make up after waxing and try to keep your face clean.





Also try threading, much less invasive!
happens to me and my friends i hate it!


its like we have to pick between perfect brows w/ zits or messy brows with clear skin lol
After i go and get mine done my mom tells me to put which hazel to close the pores
disinfect the area and don't touch it for 3-4 after waxing...some people are like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment